The following are some of the tours that you can join at Suvarnabhumi International Airport if you are a transit passenger and you have at least six hours to spend.
(1) City and Temple Tour (4 hours duration) – A visit is made to Wat Traimit where you will be amazed to see the staggering 5 ton “Golden Buddha” believed to have been built in the early 13th Century. Drive through the busy Chinatown area and stop at Wat Pho to see the huge Reclining Buddha. Next stop is Wat Benchanabopit which is popularly known as “The Marble Temple”. This temple is a fascinating fusion of classical Thai architecture and 19th Century Italian design with marble pillars and stained-glass windows. Prices are from 500 baht (6-8 people) to 2,050 baht for private tour.
(2) Thonburi Canal Tour (4 hours) – Take a boat ride to the Thonburi canals and discover a part of Bangkok that remains the “Venice of the East”. Revel in the exquisite craftwork on show at the Royal Barge Museum. Prices are from 600 baht to 2,950 baht depending on number of people in the tour group.
(3) Grand Palace and Emerald Buddha (4 hours) – Tour the Royal Palace complex which is still used for ceremonial events, and the Emerald Buddha temple with some of the finest murals in Asia. Next visit The Arts of the Kingdom Exhibition at the Ananta Samakhom Throne Hall. Prices are from 800 baht to 2,350 baht.
(4) Siam Ocean World and Siam Paragon Shopping Mall (5 hours) – The largest aquarium in Southeast Asia is found in the basement of this shopping mall. The aquarium comprises a 270 degree acrylic under ocean tunnel. There are more than 400 species or 30,000 marine animals such as penguins, blue ring octopus, elephant nose sharks etc. Aftwerwards, enjoy shopping at Siam Paragon. Prices from 1,000 baht to 2,600 baht.
(5) Shopping Paradise (4 hours) – Enjoy the best shopping street in Bangkok at Central Chidlom, Central World, Zen, Siam Paragon or MBK. Prices from 350 baht to 1,850 baht.
(6) Siam Niramitr Dinner and Show (4 hours) – One of the world’s largest theatre stages a lavish production exploring the cultural heritage and beliefs of the Thai people. Prices from 1,450 baht to 2,950 baht.
(7) Asksara Theatre Dinner and Puppet Show (4 hours) – Enjoy the performance of traditional Thai small puppet troupe. Prices from 1,300 baht to 2,850 baht.
(8) Thai Dinner with classical Dance (4 hours) – A sumptuous and authentic Thai-style dinner. Enjoy Thai classical dance performed by a professional troupe.
If you have any questions about these tours then please post in our Bangkok Forums. I will post the final list of day trips tomorrow at www.thai-blogs.com.