Back in 2007, we started a new project called “Seven Wonders of Thailand”. We asked members of the ThailandQA Forums to nominate what they thought should be “Wonders of Thailand” in three different categories: Man-Made Wonders, Natural Wonders and Symbols of Thailand. Then, for the past year, people have been allowed to vote on our website at www.7ThaiWonders.com for their favourite wonders. The results are now in for the year 2008. The overall seven winners were as follows:
(1) Sukhothai Historical Park (man-made)
(2) Loy Krathong Festival (symbol)
(3) Phu Chee Fah, Chiang Rai (natural)
(4) Doi Suthep, Chiang Mai (man-made)
(5) Similan Islands (natural)
(6) Ayutthaya Historical Park (man-made)
(7) Koh Boda (natural)
You can see the winners of each category for 7 Wonders of Thailand 2008 over at www.7WondersofThailand.com. We are now accepting nominations for 2009. You can post them either at the ThailandQA Forums or over at www.7ThaiWonders.com. Voting will start again from 1st January 2009.
The Tourist Authority of Thailand (TAT) are also launching their own advertising campaign in 2009 called “The Seven Wonders of Amazing Thailand”. They have gone a slightly different direction. This is how they sorted the seven wonders:
(1) THAINESS – Thainess refers to the traditional Thai which includes the Thai lifestyle and Thai hospitality served by the Thai Heart and Thai Smile. Experience the art of Thai living through the types of accommodations, tours, packages and the traditional food.
(2) TREASURES – The historical and the heritage sites are the golden treasure of Thailand. This is the silent speech of the country’s background. The sites, activities, food and accommodation based on the old Thailand called “Siam” will be brought to you once you approach its treasure at the places such as Ayutthaya, Sukhothai and Bangkok.
(3) BEACHES – Thailand is blessed with the natural beauty where its beaches and islands are amongst the most scenic and beautiful in the world. You should not miss the simply stunning – clean sand, clear water, and wonderful scenery of Thai beaches. Imagine the experience of the morning sunrise and the evening sunset along the beach accommodations, tours & packages and attractions at the vaious destinations such as Phuket, Koh Samui, Koh Samet, Koh Chang, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Lanta, Hua Hin and Pattaya.
(4) NATURE – Nature referring to the encounter of the Sheer Beauty of Thai Nature, amazes you with the greenish beauty of the national parks, the adventure of mountains and the white aqua warming environment of waterfalls. .
(5) WELLNESS – Thailand, considered as the Land of Healthy Smile, introduces you to the miracles of medical procedures and the holistic treatment of mind and soul. The exposure of Health & Wellness includes a wide variety of world renowned dayspas, medical spas, clinics and hospitals to choose from. Health and Wellness based accommodation, spa
treatment, medical treatment and food will help you to get in touch with inner you at the places such as Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Hua Hin, Koh Samui and Krabi.
(6) TRENDS – To excite you with the Myriad Thai Trends, the campaign provides you the choice of the new and trendy boutique hotels, shopping centres, restaurants, nightlife and entertainment because exciting new trends are never in
short at Thailand. To provide you with the respective accommodation, tours & packages and attractions, the places such as Bangkok, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Pattaya, Hua Hin and many more will suit the best.
(7) FESTIVALS – With so many reasons year round to celebrate in Thailand, you’ll have nothing short of an amazing time at the Kingdom’s festivals and special events. Don’t miss the Loi Krathong Festival in November, when you can witness small flower-shaped vessels gliding across the water under a full moon.
You can click here to download the ebook about this campaign.
If you are planning a holiday in Thailand in 2009 then we have a lot of online guides that will help you to have an enjoyable holiday. I suggest you check out some of our websites such as Thailand Guidebook, Bangkok Guidebook, Bangkok Daytrips, Thailand Festivals, and of course our ThailandQA Forums which is open 24/7 for questions about Thailand.