Phra Singh Temple in Chiang Mai
Here are some more old wive’s tales from Thailand:
(1) Do not walk over lemon grass because the baby will come out with a withered leg.
(2) Do not enter the chapel when an ordination is in process because you will then have a difficult delivery.
(3) Do not watch an eclipse of the sun and the moon because the baby will be cross-eyed.
(4) Do not walk and eat because it will hurt a lot when you give birth.
(5) Do not step across the reins of a horse because the baby will stay longer in the womb.
(6) Do not fish because the baby will be difficult to come out.
(7) Do not sit on the steps because the baby will be difficult to come out.
(8) Do not go to a funeral because a ghost will come and take the baby away.
(9) Do not look after sick people because they won’t get well.
Source: Translated from “Boran Oo-bai” by Sanom Krutmeuang
6 responses to “Supersitions Regarding Pregnant Women”