Old people believe that having a gecko inside the house is lucky. They believe that geckos are relations that have died and been reborn to look after their children.
(1) If you hear a gecko between 6 a.m. and noon it means that good news is on its way.
(2) If you hear a gecko between 12.01 p.m. and 6 p.m. it is a sign of something bad to come.
(3) If you hear a gecko between 6.01 p.m. and midnight it could be bad and good news coming your way.
(4) If you hear a gecko between 12.01 a.m. and 6 a.m. then it doesn’t mean anything. It is its normal cry.
(5) If you hear a gecko cry four times in a row it means that within 15 days there will be trouble in the family.
If you hear a mouse in the house then you won’t get ill. You wil get money and wealth. The people in your family will be safe from accidents. But, you should stay away from bad people because they will bring bad luck. You will receive gifts from elder relations that will bring you joy. The opposite sex will bring you wealth and you might also get promotion.
See also, Supersitions about Creatures with Tails.
3 responses to “Superstitions about Geckos and Mice”