In England, we have quite a few superstitions like it is unlucky if a black cat crosses your path, or you get seven years bad luck if you break a mirror. I remember as a child being told not to walk under ladders and on cracks in the pavement. So, it wasn’t surprising to learn that Thailand too has its own superstitions.
Today I will tell you about Thai superstitions involving small creatures with tails such as: house lizard, mouse, bird, bat, centipede, bee and other flying insects.
(1) If the creature lands in front of you and its tail points to you: you will be lucky, you will receive precious gifts and the angels will look after you.
(2) If the creature lands in front of you and its tail points to your right: you will get presents from your relations.
(3) If the creature lands in front of you and its tail points to your left: you and your relations will be in danger or ill. You should go and make merit straight away.
(4) If the creature lands on your left hand: you will have good luck and you will either inherit something expensive, get a promotion or live a happy life.
(5) If the creature falls down and hits your right hand: bad things will happen to the people in your family. There will be no happiness in your life.
(6) If the creature lands in the middle of a circle of people: everyone should be careful as bad things could happen to each and every person.
(7) If one of these creatures falls down dead in the street while you are walking by: bad things might happen which might cause you to bleed and consequently die.
(8) If one of these creatures falls down in the street and manages to crawl away unassisted: bad things might happen, you will get injured or get involved in a fight.
Come back later as there will be more soon! Thai people are very superstitious.